QA Engineer III
The QA Software Engineer III will execute evaluations, audits, and testing, as well as produce documentation and reports, which support product development, delivery, and quality. They will ensure internal and external customers' requirements are being met by verifying product functionality and performance, or collateral content, against product requirements, specifications, and standards. They will assist in the specification and adherence to policy and procedures for the QA group. They may lead and direct the work of others, including overseas QA resources. They will work under limited supervision, relying on experience and judgment to perform tasks and accomplish goals. A high degree of independence, creativity, and latitude is required.
- Develop and verify testing documentation including: test plans, smoke test matrices, regression test matrices, product enhancement test cases and product quality dashboard reports.
- Create, maintain, and execute thorough test scripts, both automated and manual.
- Execute test scripts against both on-line web application and batch processes.
- Develop and execute test data maintenance procedures including data capture of test data enhancements and database restore procedures into QA test environments.
- Develop, execute and verify X12 HIPAA transaction files where verification is manual or via a third party tool such as Edifecs.
- Execute installation procedures of product software upgrades into existing QA environments as needed.
- Review, enhance and verify customer acceptance test plans.
- Perform testing, evaluations, and audits of product, documentation, and processes associated with products and operations.
- Identify, analyze, and document defects, questionable functions, errors, and inconsistencies in product functions, outputs, batch file content, online screens and content.
- Perform initial triage and review of defects reported by other QA analysts and client reported cases.
- Track and report results of testing and evaluations performed for assigned projects.
- Respond to inquiries from development, documentation, production support and other internal groups regarding functions and operations of the product.
- For product enhancements, participate in the software development process by reviewing and providing feedback on proposed enhancements as well as review and supplement release notes as needed.
- Establish and maintain structured testing methodology and environments.
- Mentor and train others in the department to comply with standards and improve skills.
- Assist the group manager in defining and implementing team goals and objectives.
- Other responsibilities as assigned based upon business needs.
- Experienced with Windows PC environment, including MS Office Professional applications (Word, Excel, Project, Outlook).
- Highly skilled in the following:
- Quality Assurance Testing Knowledge: Techniques used to test software applications, including test suites and scripts, anomaly reporting, software analysis, and automated software test packages; "black box" and "white box" testing techniques; and software development processes.
- Database Knowledge: Database structures and sequel query language, including data table information and report analysis for the SQL Server environment. Additionally knowledge of Oracle is also preferred. Ability to develop database update scripts for test data maintenance is preferred.
- Managed Care Terminology: Medical, Dental and Pharmaceutical reported through product applications.
- Internet Browser Knowledge: including URLs; cached files; downloading programs and setting browser options for various browsers (Firefox, Mozilla, etc.).
- HIPAA regulations and system security relating to access to and distribution of confidential information.
Bachelor of Science degree in Business Information Systems or Computer Science, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
At least 5 years experience in: quality assurance testing methodology, automated and manual test scripts, knowledge of databases, SQL. XML, EDI and Internet.
The QAE III reports to the Director, Professional Services
To be considered for a current job opening, qualified applicants may submit a resume via email, fax or postal delivery. Please include the specific job title for which you are applying.
Attention: Human Resources
801 Warrenville Rd, Suite 400
Lisle, IL 60532